I love a good fantasy story! I love how these stories catapult us out of our realm into a different reality, a different place and time.
The beautiful thing about great fantasy stories like George R. R Martin’s “Game of Thrones” or Brandon Sanderson’s “The Way of Kings”, Ursula Legun’s “A Wizard of Earthsea” or J. R. R Tolkien’s powerful aesthetic “Lord of the Rings”, is that not only do they transport us into a different existence, they also stimulate our minds and spur us to use our imaginative power to create our own fantasy stories.
Most fantasy stories usually contain dwarves, like Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones and dwarven cities like Khazad-dum or Gundabab in Lord of the rings.
Dwarven city names are, in fact, not only useful in fantasy stories but can also be used for social media and games.
They are a great way to build children’s imaginative capacity.
Creating a great fantasy story or a game with dwarven cities can be quite tasking, especially when it comes to naming the cities.
Here are some great dwarven city names that you can make use of.
Cool Dwarven City Names
- Degh Gurum
- Nil Boramm
- Nul Coral
- Yug Furum
- That Daral
Fascinating Dwarven City Names
- Khon Farum
- Goal Badirh
- Dig Boldir
- Thigh Faruhm
Unique Dwarven City Names
How To Create A Good Dwarven City Names
If you don’t want to pick from any of the names above and would rather create your own original dwarven city name, here are some ways you can create a great dwarven city name.
- Read Books That Have Dwarven Cities: Reading books that have dwarven cities in them is a great way to go about creating your dwarven city name. It inspires your mind and stimulates your imagination, and causes ideas of different names to come easily to your mind.
- Pick A Focal Point: You can focus on something unique about the dwarves in your story. Something like a habit or feature peculiar to them, or some unique features about dwarves in general and form a name out of it.
- Use Name Generators: You could also use name generators to create amazing dwarven city names.
- Use The Geography Of The City: You can think about the geography of your dwarven city and pick out something unique or characteristic about it, then use it to create a name for your dwarven city.
- Use The Legends Of Kingdoms: Another way to go about it is by reading about legends of different kingdoms, either real or fictional, and adopt a name from those legends for your dwarven city.
- Be Creative: You can also decide to creatively spur your mind and create a dwarven city name without any external influence.
There are many ways to create dwarven city names, so use whichever method works best for you. However, ensure that the names you use are catchy, easy to pronounce, and have something significant about them.